Deep Silver and inXile Entertainment have confirmed the release date for Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on both Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
The upgraded and remastered version of Wasteland 2 will be launching on both platforms on October 13th in North America, and on October 16th internationally.
In case you need a refresher, here’s a synopsis via Deep Silver:
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut takes last year’s critically acclaimed PC release through a complete visual overhaul; it features a more sophisticated lighting system, upgraded environments and improved textures as well as brand new, higher quality character models. All major speaking parts and NPCs have also received new voice-overs, and weapon sounds have been revisited in order to provide more variety and punch. inXile has implemented additional gameplay advances such as improvements to combat encounters, additional passes to balancing, enhanced cut scenes plus all-new “Precision Strike” and “Perk & Traits” systems. Most importantly, the game’s UI and control scheme have been completely reworked and optimized for consoles.
- The Director’s Cut: Overhauled graphics with fully redone character and level art, voice-over expanded with tens of thousands of lines, and new features make this the definitive version of Wasteland 2.
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Tackle explosive and deadly squad-based combat encounters against the wasteland’s raiders, mutants, robots and more that will test the limits of your planning and tactics.
- Your Squad Your Way: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot or just blow it open with a rocket launcher!
- A Huge Reactive Story: With hundreds of choices and consequences at your disposal, with both short and long term reactivity to the players choices and 80-100 hours of gameplay, no two players will have the same experience.
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of gameplay. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of available combinations for your Rangers’ appearance. More than 150 weapons. Dozens of skills!
- Enhanced Classic RPG Game Play: Classic RPG game play ideas updated with modern design philosophies.
Wasteland 2 will be playable on both consoles at Gamescom next week in Cologne, Germany – at the Deep Silver booth.